Secret Key

Derreck Nassar

11 Feb, 2012 04:31 PM

How can I use my secret key instead of my password for payment authorization? My password is currently stored in my web.config file (ASP.net). I had the code setup by my programmer, and my payments authorize fine, but I don't like the idea that my programmer can use my login credentials at anytime to access my CG account. Do I simple replace the PW with the secret key?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Feb, 2012 04:02 PM

I Derreck -- We suggest that you use a dedicated account for API access. Just create a new user via the "Manage Users" link at the top of the GUI.

2. 2 Posted by Derreck Nassar on 13 Feb, 2012 04:21 PM

I just created a new user, but even this user has access to all of the sales data. I really don't want my programmer or anyone with access to my server to have access to a user and pw stored in my web.confg that he can login to and see this type of data.

You guys should consider creating a programmer level account that has the ability to test and use API, but does not see things like base revenue or number of users.

What is the point of the secret key then? With my old PayPal account I could use a merchant ID inplace of my email which provided a level of security. Can I not use my secret key in place of my PW?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Feb, 2012 04:41 PM

Yes, you can use the secret key in place of the passwd. This method can only auth to the API.

4. Derreck Nassar closed this discussion on 04 Sep, 2012 02:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM