ways to do One-Time Invoices

bo.xu

06 Feb, 2012 04:28 PM

Hi guys,
We need to use the feature of real-time transactions or one-time invoices. Is that feature has to be done by APIs? It would be nice if that feature can be part of the hosted payments page solution. If the answer is API must be used, then I dont think the existing java wrappers have support for that feature, am I right?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Feb, 2012 02:17 PM

We need to use the feature of real-time transactions or one-time invoices. Is that feature has to be done by APIs?

This can be done via the GUI or the API.

It would be nice if that feature can be part of the hosted payments page solution.

This is not part of hosted pages. A subscriber must already exist before a one-time invoice can be executed. So, the hosted pages are not necessary for this step.

If the answer is API must be used, then I dont think the existing java wrappers have support for that feature, am I right?

I don't know. If not, I'm sure you can easily contribute that functionality to a wrapper project.

2. 2 Posted by Frank on 25 Oct, 2012 01:05 PM

Any plans on integrating one-time invoices with the Hosted Payment Page? This would effectively allow me to use CG not only for recurring billing but also standard one-time ecomm events. I'd love to drop other payment systems and make CG my one-stop shop.

3. 3 Posted by Dean on 29 Oct, 2012 11:06 PM

Hi Frank,

You're actually the first person to request this feature. I'm not sure we will be implementing it as the Hosted Payment Pages were built with simplicity in mind. One-time invoices are available in the GUI after customers signup.

Cheers,
    Dean

4. 4 Posted by Frank Koehl on 30 Oct, 2012 11:39 PM

You're actually the first person to request this feature.

Lucky me. ;)

One-time invoices are available in the GUI after customers signup.

By "GUI" do you mean "API?" I'm not aware of a customer-facing interface that does what you're describing...

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 31 Oct, 2012 01:07 PM

By "GUI" do you mean "API?" I'm not aware of a customer-facing interface that does what you're describing...

Both. The one-time invoice link in the GUI is a somewhat inconspicuous one at the bottom of a customer detail page.

Once a customer is "subscribed" (you can use a non-recurring plan), you can execute one-time invoices at will without customer interaction.

6. 6 Posted by Frank Koehl on 31 Oct, 2012 02:59 PM

Thanks, Marc. To be clear the GUI link you're referring to is in the admin, and not accessible to customers.

7. 7 Posted by Dean on 31 Oct, 2012 07:23 PM

That's correct. Account users have access but not customers.

8. Dean closed this discussion on 23 Jan, 2013 04:46 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM