can't make changes to customer communications

Joel Selanikio

12 Sep, 2019 04:11 PM

Hi. Trying to change our new subscription email. I am able to edit it, and the edits show in the preview, but clicking the save changes button on the page does nothing. I've tried two browsers, logging in and out, clearing caches, etc, but I am still unable to save my edits.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 12 Sep, 2019 04:53 PM

Hi Joel,

We're looking into this now. What are you trying to edit in the email template that fails to save? Is it text in the email body or global header/footer? Or is an update to the To, From, or Subject Line fields? Or all of the above?

When you click save, does Cheddar throw any errors? Or does it confirm that changes have been saved? Or nothing at all happens?

In the meantime, I'll send the details of this issue over to our engineering team shortly and let you know when we have an update.

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Joel Selanikio on 12 Sep, 2019 05:08 PM

Hi Meghan,

No errors, no messages, no indications of any kind on the screen when I press Save Changes (except the button color changes on hover). Not global header/footer, rather it's the email body: one H4 section.

By the way, I can’t save this message via your web support UI, either: when I try it tells me to log in. When I log in, the upper right still says “Log in”.

j

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 12 Sep, 2019 05:15 PM

Appreciate the additional detail! I was able to replicate the issue in a test account, so hopefully, we can get this sorted out for you soon.

Weird about the support UI. I'll try to replicate that issue as well and figure out what's going on.

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Joel Selanikio on 12 Sep, 2019 05:19 PM

Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by Joel Selanikio on 12 Sep, 2019 05:19 PM

The support UI is working for me now.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Meghan Turner on 12 Sep, 2019 06:06 PM

Hi Joel,

The email issue should be sorted out now! You may need to refresh the email template page, but you should be able to save changes. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Meghan

7. 7 Posted by Joel Selanikio on 12 Sep, 2019 09:50 PM

Thanks!

j

8. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 18 Sep, 2019 07:29 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM