Auto Running Payment/Cancel Upcoming Invoice

BSSI Support

10 Dec, 2018 06:34 PM

Our account is set to auto run our clients card on 12/10 at 9:00 am PST not a card had ran, an associate manually ran the cards but even after four declines the current invoice's still stated outstanding and the upcoming invoice as pending. Typically it cancels the upcoming invoice after 4 declines, but it did not.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 10 Dec, 2018 07:44 PM

Hi BSSI Team,

I'd be happy to look into this for you. Could you give me the customer's code or a link to their customer profile in your Cheddar product account so I can look at the invoice activity? Thanks!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by BSSI Support on 10 Dec, 2018 07:59 PM

It was 21 different companies, it appears they have all now adjusted to canceled but can you confirm for me that the canceled e-mail was sent to those clients automatically one adjusted to canceled on your end? A few on that list are vonyc577,vonyc285,volv748,volv497

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 10 Dec, 2018 09:10 PM

Appreciate the additional info! In this case, I think the delay between the final invoice in the dunning cycle being declined and the account being marked as canceled is expected. We have a recurring engine that runs every few hours that transacts any invoices that have become due and cancels customers who have met the max number of attempts set in your dunning rules. You probably manually ran the invoices between recurring engine cycles, so when the next one happened, Cheddar then auto-canceled the customers.

You can see if cancellation emails were created by Cheddar by checking the email preview in the Customer Communication section of your Cheddar account (Configuration>Customer Communication). Select the Canceled for Non-Payment email, click preview, and then choose a specific event to preview to see a list of recent cancellation emails.

Since you're using your own SMTP server to deliver emails (see that configuration here), I don't have a way to see if the emails were delivered, but you may be able to login to your SMTP provider to find that information.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac