Credit cards accepted

Rena McGill

10 Jul, 2018 06:17 PM

Hi there,
Would you please verify that the following is a correct statement about the transactions we process through Cheddargetter on our platform: "Your business can currently accept all major debit and credit cards from customers in the U.S. and Canada. This includes: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club. However, Australian, Canadian, European, Hong Kongese, Japanese, and Singaporean businesses can accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.

Thank you,
Rena McGill

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 10 Jul, 2018 08:49 PM

Hi Rena,

I'll take a look at your gateway settings to confirm that you can accept those card types. Any particular reason you're looking for this information? Are you having any trouble processing transactions for certain countries or card types? I'd be happy to look into any issues you're experiencing!

Meghan

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Meghan Turner on 10 Jul, 2018 10:10 PM

Hi Rena,

Your gateway account is configured to accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and Discover.

We configured those card types based on the information your merchant account provider (First Data Nashville, in your case) gave to us in the VAR sheet you sent over from them when we first created your gateway account.

If you'd like to accept other card types, you can ask your First Data account rep to see if they can enable those for your merchant account. If they can, please let us know and we'll update your gateway configuration.

Any restrictions on card types accepted for customers in certain countries would also be set by your merchant account provider, so your First Data rep should be able to tell you about that as well. That's not a setting that's configured in your gateway, so I don't have a way to confirm whether or not that part of the information you shared is correct or not.

Let me know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Meghan

3. 3 Posted by Rena McGill on 11 Jul, 2018 09:26 PM

Hi Meghan,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback! Before I forget, what timezone are you in? We are PST. I've been on the phone with First Data and have the updated authorization sheet attached for you which expands card acceptance to: Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, Diners Club and JCB.

Please let me know if this resolves what you need for the update. Cheers!

Rena

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan Turner on 11 Jul, 2018 09:43 PM

Hi Rena,

Ok, I've made the updates to your gateway configuration. You should now be able to accept all of the card types you listed.

Cheddar is located in Bloomington, Indiana, so I'm usually on EST!

Meghan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac