Multi language email

Laura Valverde Garcia

04 Mar, 2014 11:52 PM

Hi,

Is there any way to localize our emails? We offer support for English and Spanish although we would love to support at least ES, EN, FR, IT and PT

Please let me know if we could do this. It is becoming super important for us, specially for re-activation and declined transactions. Since we cannot send them the instructions in their language they do not trust the email because they have been using our product in their language.

I hope you can help me here!

Best regards,

Laura

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Mar, 2014 02:29 AM

You have a couple of options.

First, the email notification templates are fully customizable so you can write big switches in Smarty syntax depending on the preferred language for the user. You can use the Customer Meta Data to record the preferred language and use your defined value to switch on within the templates. You can also do a switch in the subject line with Smarty.

Second, you could bypass the native email notifications in CG and write your own email content and send them from your app triggered by CG's hooks

2. 2 Posted by Laura Valverde ... on 05 Mar, 2014 04:47 AM

Thanks Mark! I did not find anything related to this in your discussions.

I'll make it public :)

Best regards,

Laura

3. Laura Valverde Garcia closed this discussion on 05 Mar, 2014 04:48 AM.

4. Laura Valverde Garcia re-opened this discussion on 11 Mar, 2014 08:51 PM

5. 3 Posted by Laura Valverde ... on 11 Mar, 2014 08:51 PM

Hello Mark.

As we are using the CG hosted pages for creating new customers and subscriptions, Is there for any chance (it is not in the documentation) a way to pass the customer metadata as a parameter in the hosted page URL?

If it is not, we will proceed updating the customer via the ruby API client although it will be easier doing it during the hosted page redirection.

Thank you.

Best regards.
    Miguel

6. 4 Posted by Jess Pendley on 12 Mar, 2014 03:54 PM

Hi Miguel --

Unfortunately, that's not something that's supported on Hosted Pages. However, if you take a look at our Trello board you can see that we do have Transparent redirecting on our To Do list. This would allow you to add things like metadata to your payment page. Feel free to follow the issue on Trello and make any other suggestions that you might have on this issue or any others.

7. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 12 Mar, 2014 03:54 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM