Premium Add-On As a Tracked Item?

Hiren Shah

01 May, 2018 04:40 PM

Hi,

We have currently 4 different subscription plans (and a % discount code). We plan to add a new service that will be available on stand-alone basis and also as an add-on for existing subscribers. The existing subscribers will get reduced price for this feature.

If I want to do this the traditional way of creating new pricing plans, there will be too many combinations since we already have 4 plans.

I was wondering if we can create 1 pricing plan (For stand-alone subscribers) and Tracked Items for existing subscribers. Basically there will be 30 or 31 tracked items for each month (so we can prorate and sync with the billing cycle). Item will be deducted every day and replenished at next billing cycle.

Is it recommended? Do discount codes have any impact on tracked items?

1. 1 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 01 May, 2018 07:22 PM

Hi Hiren,

It sounds like you're on the right track, but I'd like to get a little more information. Just to be sure I understand, you'd like to offer a service that some customers will use by itself, and others will add to their existing subscription, is that correct?

I was wondering if we can create 1 pricing plan (For stand-alone subscribers) and Tracked Items for existing subscribers. Basically there will be 30 or 31 tracked items for each month (so we can prorate and sync with the billing cycle). Item will be deducted every day and replenished at next billing cycle.

I'm still a little unclear on the item configuration you're describing, could you tell me a little bit more about what item or service you're billing for and how you'd like it to work?

Do discount codes have any impact on tracked items?

When you configure your promotions, you can choose specific charge types that are affected by the discount. When you're adding a new promotion, you can check the Choose applicable charge types? box to see configuration options, such as whether the promo will affect tracked item overage charges or flat subscription fees.

Marcela

2. 2 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 09 May, 2018 06:30 PM

Hi Hiren,

Just checking in to see if you need any more help with this issue. Let me know if there's anything I can do!

Marcela

3. 3 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 15 May, 2018 08:07 PM

Hi Hiren,

We haven't heard from you in a while on this issue, so I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion. Feel free to reply and reopen it if you have any other questions!

Marcela

4. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 15 May, 2018 08:07 PM.

5. Hiren Shah re-opened this discussion on 17 May, 2018 10:32 PM

6. 4 Posted by Hiren Shah on 17 May, 2018 10:32 PM

OK, Marcela thanks for your response.

I guess I need to be a little more clear

We have 4 plans, let's call it A, B, C, D which offer different level of services with different monthly costs. These are standalone plans only (they cannot be combined with each other i.e. A+B is not possible)

We plan to introduce new plans (let's say E & F). These are standalone plans so a user can subscribe to plan E only for example. They also can be combined with the above 4 plans. For example A+E or A+E+F etc.

The pricing for standalone E will be different then a combo plan. E will be most expensive, A+E will offer a discount for plan E since the user is already subscribing to plan A.

So, what is the best way to deal with this type of situation?

7. 5 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 18 May, 2018 04:04 PM

Hi Hiren,

For this situation, I would recommend having both standalone pricing plans for E and F, and tracked items for E and F as add-ons. That way, you can have different pricing for them as either standalone plans or as add-ons.

When a customer subscribes to E or F as a standalone plan, you can use that as their pricing plan. If a customer already subscribed to A wants to add E as an add-on, you can enable the E tracked item for that customer.

For a good example of how to use tracked items as add-ons, I recommend this section of the Pricing Plan knowledge base article.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Marcela

8. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 30 May, 2018 07:32 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM