How can I setup CC processing?

Mad iZm

28 Dec, 2017 08:40 PM

Hello, we've completed development and are ready to go live. But now you have an updated system, and we'd like to have Chedder process cc payments and use Stripe just for Bitcoin. How do we proceed with setup? Attached is a screenshot of our error.

thank you

Marco
239-245-0494

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 29 Dec, 2017 04:35 PM

Hi Marco,

Right now, Cheddar doesn't natively support payments in bitcoin because it's still fundamentally incompatible with automatic recurring billing. Bitcoin is a push-based method of payment which means each time a customer wants to pay you they must initiate the transaction. I think there may be some solutions in development, so you may see this in the future, but for now, you can use a Cheddar feature called external payments to accept bitcoin.

External payments allow you to process payments via a source that's not connected to your Cheddar product account, but continue to manage the customer's billing and invoice cycle through Cheddar. When you a create a customer in Cheddar who is planning to pay via bitcoin, simply set their payment method to external. When the payment method is external, you can subscribe the customer to a pricing plan and our system will generate an invoice for their recurring bill. To use this method, you won't need to enter your Stripe credentials for payment processing setup, you'll just enter credentials for whichever payment processor you'll be using to take payments via credit card.

Since external payments are happening outside of Cheddar, the system will assume that their recurring invoice is paid every billing cycle unless you tell it otherwise by either manually updating the customer's information in the user interface or sending information about the customer's billing record into Cheddar via the API.

If you're interested in using our built-in payment processing, you'll need to do your business banking in the United States and process payments in USD. If that's the case, you can select your bank country and processing currency for your Cheddar product account here](https://www.getcheddar.com/admin/setup/edit-product), then on the final page of the quick setup, you'll be given the option to fill out a disbursement form with your bank information.

Once you fill out the disbursement form, I'll need to complete configuration of your payment processing account for you, so let me know when you've submitted the form.

Hope that covers your questions, Marco, but let me know if you want more information about how to use external payments or have any follow questions about the built-in payment processing option.

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Mad iZm on 03 Jan, 2018 07:26 AM

Hello Meghan,

I think I understand external payments, I'm just wondering how I can
    prevent the user getting access to our site before confirming the
    transaction went through?

Also I went ahead and completed the disbursement form, let me know what's
    next. And I noticed after I added Cheddar as the cc processor, Stripe
    seemed to have dropped off. I guess there can't be two simultaneously?

thank you
    Marco

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 03 Jan, 2018 10:06 PM

Hi Marco,

I'm just wondering how I can prevent the user getting access to our site before confirming the transaction went through?

Assuming you're checking the Cheddar customer record when a user logs into in your application, you'll need to find a way to update the customer record if they haven't paid. Our webhooks are a useful tool in this situation.

For example, you could set-up a listener that uses the subscription billable or bill reminder hooks to trigger a transaction in your external payment processor. If a transaction fails in your external processor, you could use the API to cancel the customer in Cheddar.

Also I went ahead and completed the disbursement form, let me know what's next.

Thanks for submitting the form! There's nothing else I need from you at this point. After the information in the form has been verified, we'll get your payment processing account set up. I'll let you know when that's been completed.

I noticed after I added Cheddar as the cc processor, Stripe seemed to have dropped off. I guess there can't be two simultaneously?

By default, you can only have 1 primary payment processor for credit cards at a time, but it is possible to have multiple processors running simultaneously in some cases. For example, multiple credit cards processors can be active if you're trying to transition credit card records from one processor to another. If you tell me a little bit more about your use case for multiple processors, I can make suggestions about the best way to accomplish what you're trying to do!

Meghan

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan Turner on 06 Jan, 2018 11:11 PM

Hey Marco,

Just wanted to let you know that we've completed set-up of your payment processing account. You should start receiving disbursements soon. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Meghan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2017-12-28_at_3.36.42_PM.png 81.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac