How do I create a one time invoice

Elise Hastings

07 Feb, 2017 06:00 PM

I need to create a one time invoice to a customer because we accidentally refunded him a charge. I see how I create a one time invoice on the "invoices" tab on cheddar, but I'm confused about what I should put into the "charge code" space.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 07 Feb, 2017 07:38 PM

Hi Elise,

It's up to you, actually! System wide, CG stores an external or auxiliary field with each data item which we call the "code" and every charge has a code (you'll see all invoices have a code listed for each line item that aligns with the code of the pricing plan or the code of the tracked item that was charged). You can utilize this code field for whatever you want, but it's included in the design of CG in an effort to make integrating with CG's API as easy as possible. For example, if your application or accounting package already has unique identifiers for particular charges, you can use the utilize the existing unique identifiers from that system as the code for the charge in CG to simplify integration. If you were doing this, you'd just want to make sure the code for the one time invoice matches the existing identifier in your system or accounting package.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Elise Hastings on 07 Feb, 2017 07:42 PM

Thank you Meghan!

*Elise Hastings*
    Givable <http://givable.org>
    911 Washington Ave Suite 501 St. Louis, MO 63101
    (314) 922-3590

3. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 08 Feb, 2017 04:19 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac