Multiple Queued Invoices Generated for the Same Tranaction

Richard Haynes

30 Apr, 2018 01:49 PM

We've noticed the last 24 hours that we've had multiple queued invoices created for the same transaction. They seem to have different invoice IDs which indicates to us that it's a problem. This has happened (coincidentally?) in both our production instance and our test instance.

The test instance example is:
https://www.getcheddar.com/admin/customers/invoice-history/id/653ec...
See screenshot displaying the issue.

The production instance example is:
https://www.getcheddar.com/admin/customers/invoice-history/id/9605e...

We have had successful transactions on Prod during this time. The only difference that is obvious is the successful transactions have been new subscribers, the unsuccessful transactions are existing subscribers.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. It may be an issue with our implementation but we're having trouble identifying it if this is the case. Thanks in advance

Richard

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 30 Apr, 2018 02:43 PM

Hi Richard,

Your implementation is probably fine, it looks like the problem is on our end. We're dealing with some sync issues in our hosting environment that are likely causing extra queued invoices to be created for some customers. We're working with our hosting provider now to find a solution as quickly as possible. I'll keep you updated on our progress.

Once we've resolved the overall issue, we should be able to remove the extra invoices from this customer record for you. Please let us know if you notice any other customers who were affected and we'll make sure to fix their records as well.

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Richard Haynes on 01 May, 2018 02:13 PM

Hi Meghan,

Thanks for your email. In both instances the subscription was cancelled. I’m wondering what steps we need to now make? Do we manually re-start the users subscription? Send a new one time invoice? The users access to our tool will be interrupted / restricted whilst the issue persists. An eta on the fix and game plan in the interim would be great. Thanks in advance.

Rich

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 01 May, 2018 02:57 PM

Hey Rich,

The underlying issue has been resolved, so you shouldn't see this happen to other customers as of late yesterday afternoon. We're now working on a game plan to fix any customer records that were affected. Hopefully, we can start implementing that plan by this afternoon. I'll check in again later to let you know how we're progressing.

Meghan

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan Turner on 04 May, 2018 05:00 PM

Hi Rich,

We're still working on removing extra queued invoices from your customer record. Resolving the underlying issues related to the time sync problem has taken priority over the last few days (I spoke a little too soon on Wednesday when we thought it was resolved), but now that maintenance has been completed, we've gotten back to repairing the small subset of customer records that had multiple queued invoices generated.

I've been working with our engineering team this morning to prioritize repairs for a few merchants and your name is at the top of the list. I don't have an ETA for you yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

In the meantime, you could try to manually reactivate the customer by waiving the extra queued invoices. You can waive an invoice by clicking on the 'waive invoice' button in the lower left corner of the invoice page in Cheddar. Once all the queued invoices are waived, go back and run them. That should reactivate the account. Just make sure you waive all the queued invoices before running them to ensure the customer won't be charged for when they're reactivated.

I'll continue to update you on our progress, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime.

Meghan

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan Turner on 04 May, 2018 08:21 PM

Hey Rich,

Quick update for you. We were able to remove the extra queued invoices and reactivate the customer's account. That should take care of everything, but let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM