Activate Multi currency in my PayPal Plan

Darshan Gor

16 Jan, 2018 09:51 AM

Hi,

We have a global business and will be collecting our fees in various curriences which PayPal accepts. Primarily USD, CAD, GBP, AUD, EUR, NZD, SGD, HKD, AED, ZAR.

Please advise how can we set up to collect multiple currencies with our PayPal subscription with Cheddar.

-Nick

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 16 Jan, 2018 05:49 PM

Hi Nick,

Happy to help you setup multi-currency support!

The first thing to know is that each Cheddar product can only be associated with one currency, so you'll need to create a product for each currency type you'd like to accept. You've got quite a few accounts created, so it looks like you might already have been aware of that requirement.

If you've already got a Cheddar product account set up for each currency type, you'll just need to add PayPal as a payment processor option on each product. Visit the payment processing page of the Quick Setup, select your preferred PayPal processing option, and save. Then you'll be able to enter your credentials and upgrade your account on the Go Live page.

If you have questions about which PayPal processing option you should select (preapprovals or billing agreements), check out our Using PayPal with the API Knowledge Base article.

Hope that's helpful Nick, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Darshan Gor on 17 Jan, 2018 05:05 AM

Thanks for the information Meghan. Yes we knew somewhat but were not sure
    about how it would work. Also, will we be charged the $9/month for every
    product that we set up or is it only a 1 time fees per month for all
    products together. Please advise.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 18 Jan, 2018 11:50 PM

Hi Nick,

We charge for each Cheddar product account separately, so you'll be charged the monthly fee plus transactions for each product. You may have noticed that we recently raised our prices to $99 a month plus .30 cents per transaction, but since you've been with us for awhile, we'd be happy to offer you the legacy PayPal Only Plan ($9.00 per month plus .20 cents per transaction), so long as you're only using PayPal to process payments in those products. Just let me know when you upgrade those product accounts and I'll make sure to get them subscribed to the legacy payment plan.

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Darshan Gor on 19 Jan, 2018 12:44 PM

Thanks Meghan. So when i am ready to launch the product should i just add a
    credit card and then let you know. Or else should i let you know in advance?

Also, is there a way for you to accept our business PayPal to pay your
    invoices for each product. As of now i am using my personal credit card as
    we do not have a business credit card.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan Turner on 19 Jan, 2018 04:17 PM

Hey Nick,

Yes, go ahead and add a credit card whenever you're ready to start processing transactions, then let me know. You won't be charged immediately for the upgrade, so I can go in and change your pricing plan before your first bill is due. At this time, we only accept credit cards, sorry!

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with as you're preparing to upgrade your products!

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM