Billing

Story Amp

10 Aug, 2017 04:38 PM

Hey guys,

#1 - I need to be able to add free, extra "Release Distribution" credits, within the Professional Plan pricing model. Right now it looks like it adds 10, but I'm having trouble adding more once they reach 10?

#2 - My promo codes don't seem to be working. In the StoryAmp system, once they are informed of the price, a Promo Code box comes up. I create promo code within Cheddar then insert into StoryAmp system 'apply code' and it never works.

Please help,
Thanks,
Garrett

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 10 Aug, 2017 05:27 PM

Hi Garrett,

I've got a couple of follow up questions for you to help us get to the bottom of both of your requests!

On your first question, are you applying the release distribution credits manually on your customer's pending invoice in the Cheddar user interface (to take this customer as an example, are you adding credits to their pending invoice here)? Or do you add credits on your website and pass that information to Cheddar via the API? Are you getting any error messages in response to trying to add the credits? If so, could you share that with us? Also, could you tell me which customer you're trying to add credits for?

I did note that this item has been limited to 20 usages during the life of the subscription for anyone subscribed to the professional plan, so if you're trying to increment above above the 20 allowed total usages, Cheddar won't let you. This is quickly fixed by editing the item usages allowed on this pricing plan to include more usages. This may not be what's happening, but wanted to make you aware of the possibility.

On your second question, I took a look at your promo config, and everything looks good, so it's possible that this could be an issue with your integration. To determine if that's the case, could you try adding the promo code to a customer account in the Cheddar user interface rather than via your website? You can add the code to a customer account in Cheddar by visiting the Edit Subscription page of the customer who's subscribed to the professional plan since this promo is limited to customers on that plan (this account might work if it's a test account)? If you're able to add it successfully, it means that the problem most likely lies with your integration and we may need to get your developer involved. If it doesn't apply successfully, we'll have an example of the promo failing which will help our team do additional research.

Let me know if anything I've mentioned is unclear or if you have any follow-up questions. Thanks, Garrett!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Story Amp on 10 Aug, 2017 05:52 PM

Thanks for all this info Meghan

On #1 - That's actually the customer I am having problems with and what I think is happening is I want to allow specific users (in this case Max Freedman) under the Professional Plan, more than the 20 allowed usages.

So I go into 'Edit Pricing Plan' and I thought I could just change the editing box after Release Distributions' from 10 to 20, or to 50 or whatever. But that doesn't appear to work? What do I do?

Since this didn't work, I went the Promo route. Max Freedman currently goes to purchase one of the Release Distributions and then is asked for a Promo code. I tested adding one I made there (on the StoryAmp website) and it didn't work.

I just tried adding it within the Cheddar system, then purchasing a release distribution through SA and it still didn't work.

So I think if you can teach me how to add 'Release Distribution' credits on a user by user basis, it should solve all my problems.

Go check out my account here:
    https://cheddargetter.com/admin/customers/get/id/424768d6-9073-11e1...

I have unlimited distribution credits. When I'm in StoryAmp and choose a distribution, the price has a strike through it and goes to $0. This is similar to what I want to give to people, but I want to control it to an extent. How do I do that?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 10 Aug, 2017 06:42 PM

Hi Garrett,

Appreciate the additional detail on what you're doing, it's helpful!

So I go into 'Edit Pricing Plan' and I thought I could just change the editing box after Release Distributions' from 10 to 20, or to 50 or whatever. But that doesn't appear to work? What do I do?

This should work. I just tested this in my own Cheddar product and didn't have any difficulties. When you try to edit that number does Cheddar give you any kind of error? Or does it simply sit there? Would you mind if I tried editing that pricing plan to include 30 of the release distribution item in your Cheddar product just so I can see what's happening?

I just tried adding it within the Cheddar system, then purchasing a release distribution through SA and it still didn't work.

It looks like the promo has been applied to Max's account. The promotion will be applied when his upcoming pending invoice runs. On a side note, I see you have that promo only configured to apply to custom charges, if you want the promo to apply to the recurring amount and/or tracked item overages, you'll need to configure the promo to apply to those charge types here.

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Story Amp on 11 Aug, 2017 03:25 PM

Meghan,

When I go into 'Edit Pricing Plan' under the Professional Plan, scroll all the way down to 'Release Distributions' and change the 20 to a 50, hit Save. Go look and it still says 20 there. Yet when I go go to Edit again, it says 50....

Check out the two screen shots below

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan Turner on 11 Aug, 2017 05:17 PM

Thanks for the screenshots!

It appears that we may have an issue with the cache on the pricing plans page that's causing it to display old information. The change to 50 of the release distribution item was successful, but your browser is 'remembering' the older version of the pricing plan page for too long and displaying that older version (when I look at your pricing plan page in my browser the item amount is 50). The cache clears every few hours, so this should resolve itself with time, but if you'd like resolve it sooner, you can clear cookies in your browser.

Hope this helps, but let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Meghan

6. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 04:06 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM