No Notifications for Declined Transaction for New Signup

Robert Parker

16 Jan, 2017 02:57 PM

Hi,

We noticed in our logs today that we had a declined credit card transaction (actually 2) but we didn't get any email notifications of such. It was for a new sale, not one that was already a customer and in recurring billing.

How do we get notified of such events? I have looked through the settings and can't find a place to enable it!

Robert

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 16 Jan, 2017 07:00 PM

Hi Robert,

I would have expected the email associated with your CG product owner account ([email blocked]) to have a received email notifications of these declines, so let me do some research into why those weren't sent. I'm starting a ticket so our engineering team can look into this as well and I'll attach the ticket to this discussion, so you can keep track of our progress. I'll let you know when I have more information.

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Robert Parker on 16 Jan, 2017 07:04 PM

We get other notifications (like cancelled account, etc). Don't get new signup attempts with a declined card. I have seen in the past dunning notifications.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 17 Jan, 2017 03:02 PM

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the additional information. After some research, we've discovered that these declines were the result of a failed card validation from Stripe, your gateway provider. Card validations are not considered transactions by Stripe which is why you didn't receive transaction declined email.

At this time, we don't send an email notification for card validation failures because many of the other gateways compatible with CG do have a transaction associated with their card validations. It's a feature that we can consider adding in a future update to the email templates, but I don't have an estimate on when this would happen. If this is an essential feature for you, we could talk about creating a custom feature development project. If you'd be interested in that, please let me know and we can put together a quote.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Meghan

4. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2017 08:04 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM