HTTPS certificate

Anthony Underwood

08 Nov, 2010 11:41 AM

By my reading of the API when integrating CG into my app I need to have HTTPS and a valid certificate on my site so that client's credit card info is transmitted securely to my app from their browser and then via API calls to CG. Is there any way to avoid this and go to a page on CG which handles creating/updating subscriptions and then redirects back to my app? In this way I could avoid the whole HTTPS issue.

Thanks Anthony

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 08 Nov, 2010 08:39 PM

Hi Anthony! CG does not provide any public customer interfacing. You can leverage CG's open API to integrate payments directly into your website for a much more professional system. Integration isn't difficult. A single developer can usually get it done in a couple of days. We can put you in touch with a group to outsource this to if you wish.

2. 2 Posted by Anthony Underwo... on 08 Nov, 2010 08:52 PM

Thanks for the reply Marc

Yes I can see looking at the API that it would be fairly easy to integrate into a web app. I am a reasonable experienced rails developer so think it could be done without too much hassle. My question was really to see if it could be done without having to get https working and then buying a certificate to verify the server. We are thinking of hosting on heroku and they charge $20 a month for HTTPS. My clients are a very small startup and so even though $20/month isn't much it's a cost that they would like to avoid.

Thanks for your answer but it maybe that for us at this early stage CG may not be the best option.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Nov, 2010 04:37 PM

$20/mo for a cert is high but only about a 100% markup.

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 09 Nov, 2010 04:37 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM