VAT and email templates

Ryan

20 Oct, 2010 01:24 AM

Hi Marc/team,

Brilliant product! Up to this point integration has been flawless or flexible enough to work around, so great job.

I have hit a couple of problems with VAT and email templates.

1. {$invoice.htmlLayout} doesn't display VAT above the total, asciiLayout and textLayout do though.
  2. There is no documentation in the Syntax Reference on the variables needed to:
    a) Test whether the customer is VAT exempt b) Retrieve the VAT amount if they aren't
  3. Also, somewhere that lists the templates used to to create htmlLayout, asciiLayout and textLayout would be useful so that if people do need to tweak them slightly, they don't have to spend time recreating them (and figuring out which variables need to be used where).

Thank you for your time.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 21 Oct, 2010 04:00 PM

Hi Ryan --

{$invoice.htmlLayout} doesn't display VAT above the total, asciiLayout and textLayout do though.

That appears to be an oversight. We'll put that on this list for our next release.

There is no documentation in the Syntax Reference on the variables needed to: a) Test whether the customer is VAT exempt b) Retrieve the VAT amount if they aren't

Again, this information wasn't included in the VAT feature upgrade. We'll get some variables into the templates for this purpose.

Also, somewhere that lists the templates used to to create htmlLayout, asciiLayout and textLayout would be useful so that if people do need to tweak them slightly, they don't have to spend time recreating them (and figuring out which variables need to be used where).

These are not actually Smarty templates. They are just rendered text when using the {$invoice.***Layout} variables as a convenience. We've been meaning to get a "how-to" written for the purpose of illustrating the creation of custom invoices but it's not yet available.

2. 2 Posted by Ryan on 22 Oct, 2010 11:06 PM

Thanks for the response Marc.

I am looking forward to the next release. Any rough idea on what date that would be?

No worries about the *Layout templates, I thought they may have been hard-coded but thought I'd ask anyway. A how-to instead would be perfect!

Cheers.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 27 Oct, 2010 07:01 PM

Ryan -- You should now be able to use the VAT values in email templates.

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 27 Oct, 2010 07:01 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM