Authorize.net posting behavior

's Avatar

loren

23 Aug, 2010 10:03 PM

Recently I ran a credit card test on a CG account - in this case, CG is configured with an Authorize.net back end, which I've left in "test" mode. (Test mode set in the configuration for Authorize.net in CG).

I switched the CG Authorize.net integration into "live" mode, and then ran a few transactions. After completing the transactions, I switched back to "test" mode.

Afterwards, I've noticed that the revenue report in CG has listed the transaction on that date as "approved - test mode". The money has not posted to the merchant account.

I'm wondering if there is a delay for these kinds of operations - perhaps CG authorizes the card and then captures the funds later in the day, even if the plan is set up for immediate payment? If that was the case it would then make sense that the capture operation was performed against the gateway in test mode.

Clarification on this issue would be most appreciated. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 24 Aug, 2010 02:48 PM

If the Authorize.Net is set to test mode in the Authorize.Net merchant interface, this setting overrides all other settings. Even if you uncheck the "Use test mode" checkbox, your Authorize.Net account remains in test mode. If transactions are submitted in test mode, they will never settle. If you intend to process real transactions, you must take your account out of test mode in the Authorize.Net interface and uncheck the box in CG.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 24 Aug, 2010 02:48 PM.

3. Loren Davie re-opened this discussion on 24 Aug, 2010 03:07 PM

4. 2 Posted by Loren Davie on 24 Aug, 2010 03:07 PM

Yes, I had done that. The precise order of events was:

1. "Use test mode" box was unchecked.
    2. Transaction occurred.
    3. "Use test mode" box checked.

The transaction that occurred during the period while the "Use test mode"
    box was unchecked, was nonetheless marked as "test mode".

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 24 Aug, 2010 03:14 PM

There are two settings. One in CG, which you appear to be setting correctly. The other, in the Authorize.Net interface itself. If you login directly to the Authorize.Net merchant interface, is the account in test mode?

6. 4 Posted by Loren Davie on 24 Aug, 2010 03:20 PM

Ah ha. Looks like Authorize.net was in test mode. Thank you.

7. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 24 Aug, 2010 03:27 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM